Modern Day Feminism:
On every political issue, there are multiple views on what is acceptable and modern-day feminism is no different. Conservative female leaders lead by example. They fight for their rights appropriately. The get-up, go to work and advocate for what they believe in.
So what is the true meaning of feminism? Feminism is giving women the same rights as men and not discriminating on them based on their sex.
10 Conservative Female Leaders
- Kellyanne Conway– Conway is Counselor to President Donald J. Trump. She received her Bachelor of Arts from Trinity Washington University and attended grad school at George Washington University where she received her Juris Doctor. When Conway tells her story she always makes sure to include that she is a mother. She works in a high-level position in the White House but also maintains a family. Many young conservatives look up to Conway.
- Kimberly Corban– Corban is an advocate for the National Rifle Association. She tells her story about how the is not a rape victim, she is a SURVIVOR. She goes around the country to tell her story and to tell young women that they have the right to defend themselves. She is now married, has two children and a leader for the 2nd amendment.
- Tomi Lahren- Tomi Lahren is a political commentator for TheBlaze where she hosts her television show, Tomi. She also hosts a small segment called Final Thoughts. She is not afraid to speak her mind. She is not only a conservative for the Republican Party but she advocates for women. Recently, Tomi was on The View where she advocated for limited government and said that the government can keep their hands off of her body. Advocating for the pro-choice movement. She will be speaking at the Turning Point USA Young Women’s Leadership Summit.
- Ivanka Trump- Ivanka Trump is a member of the first family. She has held many leadership positions including Executive Vice President at The Trump Organization. Ivanka recently got an office supporting the Trump Administration in the West Wing of the White House. She has 3 children and is married. She is a leader for young women in the Republican Party. Ivanka has spoken publicly at many events.
- Lauren Cooley- Lauren Cooley is the Founder and Executive Director of Campus Red PAC. Campus Red was important in the 2016 election because: “Campus Red PAC works to identify, register, and mobilize GOTV efforts of the conservative youth in Florida this 2016 election cycle. ”
Her experience before founding Campus Red includes working with the Leadership Institute, Susan B. Anthony List and Turning Point USA. She is currently enrolled at The University of Miami working on her master’s degree.
- Antonia Okafor- Antonia Okafor is the founder and executive director of EmPOWERed. EmPOWERed is working to gain non-profit status and advocate for women on colleges and their right to bear arms. Okafor has been featured in a commercial by the National Rifle Association. She expresses her opinions through public speaking and her writing. She is a writer for the Independent Journal Review and previously wrote for Campus Reform. See her work here: https://ijr.com/author/antonia See EmPOWERed here: http://antoniaokafor.com/empowered/
- Crystal Clanton- Crystal Clanton is the National Field Director at Turning Point USA. Turning Point USA an organization whose mission is to: “identify, educate, train, and organize students to promote the principles of freedom, free markets, and limited government.” As National Field Director she is responsible for overseeing the field program, managing staff and working with leadership on organizational development. She attended Marquette University where she received her Bachelor of Arts in Political Science.
- Dr. Kelli Ward- Dr. Kelli Ward, D.O. is a candidate for US Senate in 2016. Formerly, Ward worked as a physician where she worked to save lives. She is an advocate who works with her constituents on an individual basis. She previously served as an Arizona State Senator. Ward is an advocate for military families. She graduated from the West Virgina School of Osteopathic Medicine. She is a humanitarian fighting for the rights of people.
- Myah Baeza- Myah Baeza is a student at Tarleton State University. She was an advocate and fighter for getting Tarleton State University to allow the creation of the first Turning Point USA Chapter. Now Baeza is the chapter president of Turning Point USA on the campus. She is studying political science. Baeza also serves in the US Army Judge Advocate General Corps as a paralegal specialist. She is a strong advocate for the 2nd amendment.
- Amanda Owens- Amanda Owens is the Founder of Future Female Leaders. FFL is the leading social movement for conservative women. She obtained her Bachelors of Science in Accounting from Easter Carolina University.
An Organization setting the example for females in the conservative movement:
Turning Point USA — Turning Point USA is a 501c3 non-profit fighting for the right to free speech. Turning Point is hosting their annual Young Women’s Leadership Summit in Dallas, TX. This conference will include many female leaders such as Kellyanne Conway, Susan LaPierre, Kimberly Corban, Antonia Okafor, and Tomi Lahren.
What is not acceptable behavior from anyone fighting for the rights of women:
- Not attending work and calling it a day without women.
- Wearing costumes of genitalia to public marches to get your point across.
- Threatening to blow up the White House.
All in all, there is a correct way of advocating for women. These women have shown what it is to be respectable. They have shown what it means to be strong, powerful and confident.