For most college students, this is the first week back to classes, and focusing on school work can be difficult. Here are 20 motivational thoughts to help you get a kick start this week.
For setting goals
The first part of succeeding this semester is setting goals for yourself. Set the goal of making a 4.0 GPA or making it on time to every class. Whatever it may be, this will give you something to work toward.
1. “By recording your dreams and goals on paper, you set in motion the process of becoming the person you most want to be. Put your future in good hands — your own.”–Mark Victor Hansen
2. “When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.” –Confucius
3. “What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” –Zig Ziglar
4. “Goals allow you to control the direction of change in your favor.” –Brian Tracy
5. “Give yourself an even greater challenge than the one you are trying to master and you will develop the powers necessary to overcome the original difficulty.”–William J. Bennett
For remaining persistent
It can be hard to remain persistent when school work keeps stacking up. However, it’s vital to stay motivated and do your best in all you do.
6. “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not. Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not. Unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not. The world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.” –Calvin Coolidge
7. “Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success”. –Napoleon Hill
8. “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” –Maya Angelou
9. “Paralyze resistance with persistence.” –Woody Hayes
10. “If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” –Martin Luther King, Jr.
Success comes when you apply your goals and take action. Keep your eye on the prize and you are already on the track to succeed.
11. “I know the price of success: dedication, hard work and an unremitting devotion to the thinks you want to see happen.” –Frank Lloyd Wright
12. “Action is the foundational key to all success.” –Pablo Picasso
13. “The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire, the size of your dream, and how you handle disappointment along the way.” –Robert Kiyosaki
14. “Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.” –Albert Einstein
15. “What is success? I think it is a mixture of having a flair for the thing that you are doing; knowing that it is not enough, that you have got to have hard work and a certain sense of purpose.” –Margaret Thatcher
You cannot have great success without great failure. In order to do your best, you must take risks and not be afraid to fail. It will always serve as a lesson and push you closer to where you want to be.
16. “Failure isn’t fatal, but failure to change might be” –John Wooden
17. “Everything you want is on the other side of fear.” –Jack Canfield
18. “Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” –Robert F. Kennedy
19. “If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original.” –Ken Robinson
20. “When we give ourselves permission to fail, we, at the same time, give ourselves permission to excel.” –Eloise Ristad